Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

After due consideration, I have my NaNO story ready to begin. The synopsis is done, the characters are waiting in the wings (that is allowed). Roll on November 1st. Meantime, I am getting as much of my fantasy novel done as possible. Trouble is, I need to sell something and I wonder if the fantasy market is a bit flooded at present?
Being on the Critique Circle (a web site where writers crit each other's work) gave me an idea. What if, when someone has done an essay, they could get it critted by someone with fresh eyes, someone who would point out proofing mistakes, tell them where their sentences were not too clear, or didn't make sense, where they have contradicted themselves, that kind of thing. Do you reckon there would be a demand? What it would NOT do is correct content, do research for the student or that kind of thing.

2 comments:

heartofglass said...

Actually, I think Audrey may still be alive. Apparently she's an annual, so her petals are disappearing. Her leaves, however, remain nice and green. We'll see...

Oh I see - well I don't think Keith Allen is 'tasty' at all, but I fancy him, so there is a difference between the two.

It is imperative that you check your email. There is an urgent message from me.

David de Beer said...

what story are you doing for Nano Hilary? I'm doing space pirates! simply because I can...

and yes, I also think the fantasy market is flooded. Unfortunately, it's flooded by too much of the same thing, with little to no variation. Is it any wonder i am reading the collected chronicles of Conan?