Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 09, 2006

AArgghh! Why is it life always gets in the way of plans? Just when I know what I want and need to do to get my writing career up and running, real life intervenes. I have never been so busy!
But every cloud has a silver lining. The increased activity has increased my energy, and led to an increae in productivity. Three short stories are written, a fourth is nearly done. The first three chapters of my fantasy novel are almost perfect, and the first chapter has been submitted to Novel a Year 2. Being registered with that should keep me writing. I need a deadline.
I'm also going to spend November doing NaNoWriMo. You ahve to start a novel froms cratch on November 1st and write as much of the first draft as possible by November 30th. Doesn't need to be perfect, or polished. Just down on paper (or disk, as the case may be.) The goal is 50,000 words in the month, and the idea is to get all those people who are "going to write a novel one day" to actually get their fingers out and get started. I ahve a new novel in mind, so I'm going to go for it. I reckon 2000 words a day is reasonable, and that will give me 60,000 words by November 30th. Watch this space.

2 comments:

heartofglass said...

aww I will have to feed her to Audrey II....I think it's suppertime.....
I have it on DVD, and the soundtrack. It's amazing, especially steven martin's bizarre sadist dentist.
We had to watch 'Theatre of Blood' with Vincent Price in drama today. Have you ever seen it? Wow.....
Well you say you fancy Robin - I fancy Keith Allen! I completely forgot about the whole shebang at Laura's!

heartofglass said...

You asked: 'Why is it life always gets in the way of plans?'

Of course, what you meant to ask was this: 'Why is it life always gets in the way of PLANTS?'